Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A product rave and some nail stuff (look a girly post)

Ok 2 product comments today (I am not a product junky. I am not a product junky. I am not...) and I am deliberately not calling them reviews because they aren't; just comments.

Ok first a new foundation. I am in love with the Fit Me Shine-Free foundation stick from Maybelline. I bought it on a whim expecting very (very) little. In fact, I totally had buyers remorse when I bought this thinking "Uh - this is going to suck. Drug store foundation is never good on me." and it sat around for while before I finally tried it. (I bought it back in July - relax I am still on the month of not buying things.) SURPRISE - not only does it not suck but I am so in love with it I wore it to an audition last night instead of my usual Ben Nye (which I have been frustrated with as of late). I am currently using 115 which is the lightest color but one so there is even a color left for me to go to in January (more product info here). My skin is combination to dry these days and it works out just fine on me moisture wise and doesn't seem to settle into the lines I totally don't at all have... ahem.

And now nails... I am giving up on Sephora brand nail polish. I know it is (theoretically) made by OPI but I have just had nothing but problems with it. Its durability is terrible, it's streaky more often than not, and I hate the brush. For the price it must be better than this so I chucked the ones I have and I am just going to skip it from now on (no matter how pretty it is).

Semi related on the nails, I found a great blog with lots of really good nail care info (also lots of "here is a color holding the bottle photos but I think that comes with the territory). It is called LoodieLoodieLoodie Find her "how to file" videos here. It is good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment