Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tabata Tuesday

Increasingly when I do my cardio work out I am just not up for complex choreography step, or, well complex anything. More and more I just want to get it done. So I have done rather a lot of high intensity interval workouts lately, to the point where now I know enough stuff that I just make up my own. And then I thought I should write these down. So yeah - I wrote it down...

You should definitely warm up and cool down. I run around the block first (at least 5 minutes) and stretch to cool down. 


If you are unfamiliar, this is basic tabata structure: 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for four exercises is a round. You do two rounds to make 1 tabata. That is it. They can be as easy or hard as you make them though they are intended to be really high intensity. Check out this article by Cathe Friedrich to find about more about tabata in general. Cathe is awesome and will literally work your butt off.

No comments:

Post a Comment