Saturday, August 31, 2013

Turkey Taco Bites are Good

So good we ate all of them with out me getting the pretty "here they are on the plate" final picture. At any rate these are super easy, primarily because they rely on leftovers. Still, they are easy even if you are starting from scratch on the filling.

What you need:
About 2 cups of left over taco filling (I used my turkey taco filling that I will share next time I make it)
1/2c ish Grated Cheddar cheese
Salsa
20-24 wonton wrappers
Muffin tins (ok, not strictly required. You can form these in your hand, seal them and bake on a cookie sheet. Muffin tin is just easier, and if you have a mini-muffin tin that will keep you from overfilling. I don't. I overfill).

How to do it:
Turn the oven on to 350.
Grease the muffin tins (I admit to using the non-stick spray because I am lazy).
Put your wonton wrappers in the tins







Just gently sort of shove them in there. Don't worry about it too much.







Fill with the meat. Ideally you put about a tablespoon of the meat in. To reiterate I overfill...








So pretty much every one in the picture has too much in it. Still tasty.











Sprinkle cheese in next








Yes you can put more than this in. It will ooze out when you bake. You may find this desirable. I like these to be very finger friendly so I at least try to keep it contained.







Add about a teaspoon of salsa to each















Now it is time to seal. I generally just dip my finger in a bowl of water, wet the corners and squeeze together. I am not looking for perfection here. This is the part where I find out that most of mine are overfilled. When that happens I just kind of fold the corners in to cover the filling and call it good.

Into the oven they go for 15-25 minutes depending on your oven and how crunchy you want the wrappers to get. These cooked for 25 minutes in my oven.

In a perfect world they all look like the one on the far left, but I am human so most of them look like the one in the middle.


Last step is to try to not eat all 20 in one sitting. Good luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment